Friday, March 22, 2013

Freak Flag Fly 03.22.13

Yes, I know, I know. I missed last week! I actually was painting this one last Friday and couldn't get it to where I wanted it to be so I saved it for today. 

It was quite wonderful that I didn't post it last week as this morning I bumped in to two of my favorite ladies in my neighborhood, one of whom directly inspired the Freak Flag posts. Emily is a fire cracker, inspiring everyone she meets to be better, bolder and brassier. I am a huge fan of hers. 

This morning she, and my dear friend Eileen, both had pink earrings on. Not the soft demur baby pink, but neon 80's pink that makes you giggle and remember the pink lipstick and batwing top you wore at 16. I said "I think I have to do a pink freak flag painting today". When I got home I remembered that I had this one to use. Perfect!


Just a reminder: That's exactly what Freak Flag Fridays are all about. I want to celebrate the beauty, mystery, wildness, weirdness and oddity in all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment