Thursday, April 18, 2013

a portrait a week

I've missed a few weeks but as a friend said to me 
"it's better to do something imperfectly than nothing perfectly". 

I love the dreaminess in my children's faces in these photos. It's not often that you see this quality in an adult's face. After the events this week in Boston I was looking at my kids and wondering at what age they would first learn about the twisted nature of some individuals. I was thinking about my friends with older children and curious about how they are talking about this situation with them, as well as about Sandy Hook. 

Have you had to talk to children, or other friends, about these recent events and how have to handled it? 

What do you want for your children to know in the midst of tragedies?





This is part of the portrait of your children once a week for a year over at Che & Fidel.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful dreamy thoughtful pensive faces... Love these photos x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children look so thoughtful. Beautiful photos of them.

    I nominated you for the Liebster award! Hope you can participate : )

    http://giftsofgodsmercy.blogspot.com/2013/04/surprise.html

    ReplyDelete