Friday, February 1, 2013

Art kit

Both of my sisters are great cooks. One is a very good baker, and the other complains that most of the cakes she makes never rise! I've been thinking a lot about her today as her daughter is going to be 3 tomorrow and I'm sure she's making a cake and wondering how it's going to turn out. On her blog about cooking with children you can read about the fantastic rocket cake she made for her son last year. The same year that my son wanted a satellite for a cake! I'll have to post a photo of it as I was pretty proud of it.  
Last week I put together a little art kit for my niece. You can see above and below that I included beads with the letters of her name, oil pastels, stickers, ballet tattoos, and feathers.
 It was incredibly satisfying to gather all the ingredients, so to speak, and distribute them in the tiny glassine envelopes (I love tiny things).
I hope to have a link to my etsy shop in the coming weeks with some small art kits for sale. There are some incredible art kits out there, but they are usually large and expensive. I hope I can make mine small and inexpensive. It would be great to also offer personalization with beads and a cut paper letter, as I did with the letter M for my niece.

5 comments:

  1. this is soooo beautiful and creative. M is a lucky girl to have a cool arty aunty like you. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the link to your Etsy shop? I'd love to see it! These art gift bags are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lyssa, I am in the process of setting it up, but will be sure to post a link on the blog as soon as I do. In the mean time I'd be happy to make one for you if you like. We could do the transaction through paypal. Just a thought.

    Thanks for the encouragement!
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I'll put a very early order in for Ailee's 3rd birthday!

    ReplyDelete